I really can't resist a holiday and I certainly can't resist one as themed as St. Patrick's Day.
I thought it would be fun to round up a few green items both green in their sustainability aspects and green in color.
This guide will also be helpful if your favorite color is green! But, don't worry, I've specifically chosen items that will have longevity way past 3.17. So, skip the green glasses and top hats and try on a few of these instead.
some of the links below are affiliate links!
Up first, is the particularly festive moss-green mug that would look good sitting on your counter or desk all year long. This mug is handcrafted in Nepal and is fair trade.
Everything 10,000 villages sells is fair trade and they work with artisans all over the world, but specifically women and people with disabilities that are often left out of the global market place. They also deeply care about the environment and prioritize locally sourced, recycled and renewable materials in their products.
To make this an extra festive occasion, can I recommend an organic green tea from Arbor Teas?
Arbor Teas is an organic, fair-trade tea brand that sells loose-leaf tea in backyard compostable packaging. They are an incredibly sustainable company and one of my personal favorites.
They package all of their teas in a solar-powered packaging facility. They offset any carbon emissions they create during transport with Carbon Fund, and by purchasing these offsets, Arbor Teas help fund green energy, reforestation, and energy efficiency projects.
This festive tee is something that's perfect for any season. It can easily transition from office to weekend for St. Paddy's Day or even Christmas and Easter.
If green is your color, this festive top is a perfect fit. It's from Amour Vert and for every tee, they plant a tree! This crew neck t-shirt is made a soft and stretchy beechwood blend and made in San Francisco.
You know that I can't make one of these lists and not include a pair of socks from thought. I love their sock collections and think they make the absolute best gifts.
I pretty much always need socks and love wearing festive ones for every season. These socks are made from incredibly soft bamboo and organic cotton blend with a little bit of recycled polyester.
I love decorating, and think this garland is so festive and fun. It's perfect if you want to throw a little St. Patrick's Day party, and if you do, you've got to check out our guide on in-season meals for March because I rounded up several green recipes to get you the holiday spirit.
This handmade pom-pom garland is made by fair-trade artisans in Macvilho, Mexico. This garland comes from the little market and they're a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on empowering women, paying fairly, and creating sustainable products.
You can easily pull double duty between loving the planet and celebrating St. Paddy's Day with this green phone case. This case is completely compostable and made from plant-based materials like flax.
Pela is a member of 1% of the planet so proceeds from every sale go to environmental organizations. They're also a certified B Corporation so you can feel good about the impact your case is having on the planet. The cases are sustainably made in both Canada and Hong Kong where everyone is paid a fair wage.
If you're looking for more green inspiration, I've rounded up a few more of my favorite items!
1. This bright green Klean Kanteen is sturdy enough to carry all year round and they're members of 1% for the planet meaning at least 1% of their proceeds go to environmental organizations.
2. You'll want to wear these adorable pom pom earrings, ethically made and handcrafted in India, for all special occasions and holidays. Accompany is full of unique, ethical, and artisanal goods.
3. This four-leaf clover necklace was handmade in Colombia for Uncommon Goods which is a site full of one-of-a-kind handmade items. A mother-daughter duo selects delicate four-leaf clovers and encases them in eco-friendly vegetable resin.
4. If you're in need of a reusable bamboo cutlery set, why not get one in this bright green hue. You'll be able to avoid any disposable utensils while out at BBQs this spring and summer. Earth Hero is a certified B Corp and also a member of 1% for the planet.
5. Reformation, one of my favorite sustainable clothing brands, has a huge selection of kelly green items from sweatshirts to tees to dresses, but I'm particularly fond of this kelly green dress because I can definitely see myself wearing it during the warmer months of the year. The dress is made in Los Angeles
6. And, lastly, I love this abstract green throw handmade in Uruguay. This large, snuggly throw is something I would love to throw on my couch or bed all year long. All of the workers receive a living wage and use sustainably and ethically sourced materials.